Maximum number of backtracked archives

Horvath Tamas zsitfa at axelero.hu
Thu Mar 31 21:39:09 CEST 2005

Hi List!

I've used Nagios 1.2 since about January 2004. Today I've played with its
report capabilities for the last year.

I use "log_rotation_method=d". As I figured out the maximum number of
"backtracked archives" which I can set up in the web inetrface is 99. As I
think in my scenario it gives data for a period of 99 days. It is not 365
day!!!

If I'm wrong please give me some details about exactly how can I interpret
this value.

If I'm right I can change "log_rotation_method=w", so in 2006 I can produce
statistics for the whole 2005 year. But in this case I can't produce
statistics based on data for than 99 days?

Any help, suggestion would be apreciated!

Bye, Tamas!