failure notice

jay alvarez nagi0sb0y at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 30 06:54:43 CEST 2005

 Hi,

   I tried creating an event handler script to
 restart
 httpd on the remote machine in case nagios detects
 that it is not running.

 After that, I make sure that enable_event_handlers
 on
 nagios.cfg and event_handler_enabled in services.cfg
 are set to 1. Then I stopped nagios and started it
again.

 I tried manually running the script by passing
 values
 'CRITICAL' and 'HARD' and it successfully started
 the
 httpd on remote machine. My problem is in nagios. It
 still says in web gui that event handler for that
 particular service is disabled. I went to nagios.org
 and came across some interesting features of version
2:

 Cached Object Definition File

 The Nagios daemon will be modified to create a
 cached
 copy of the config files when it starts up. This
 cached file will be read by the CGIs when they need
 lookup object definitions. This should fix
 inconsistency problems that can currently occur if
 config files are modified after Nagios is up and
 running.

 ..but I don't think it has anything to do with my
 case. Any idea? I'm using nagios 1.2.