Event ID - reference older threads

Scott Nixon snixon at lssi.net
Mon Mar 28 17:01:48 CEST 2005

Hi,

This message refers to a particular older thread, as well as several
others.  I'm basically seeking the answer as to whether and how you can
integrate Nagios with a ticketing system such that once a service event
goes into a non-OK state...all subsequent events and notifications for
that service are grouped into the same ticket until the service returns
to an OK state.  Seems the best way to do this is to incorporate some
sort of persistent and unique event id.

In this link:
https://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=8873121

James Kingston says he is doing that.
"We use hostname-(servicename|hostalert)-timet (although we re-use the
 same id until the host/service recovery)"

The one part that I don't understand is the "timet".  I assume he's
using the TIMET macro...but if I am sending out multiple notifications
(as in an escalation tree) wouldn't the TIMET of each notification be
different?  How is he re-using this id on subsequent notifications?

I'm new to this mailing list and in searching the archives, I've seen
similar questions posed over the past couple of years but have never
seen a definitive answer.  Perhaps I've missed it though?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

-Scott

--
D. Scott Nixon

           LSSi Corp.