UNREACHABLE problem

Larry Naves lnaves at asc.edu
Mon Mar 28 16:08:30 CEST 2005

I have a problem with parent-child relationships in nagios 1.2 on centos-3.
Setup: a parent host goes down and it is correctly marked as DOWN. Its
children are correctly marked as UNREACHABLE. The parent comes back UP.
During this UNREACHABLE time one of the children has somehow actually went
DOWN. Why does it still show UNREACHABLE when its parent comes back up and
it is actually now DOWN? If necessary, I can provide the hosts.cfg and
services.cfg sections for said parent and children.

Larry Wayne Naves, Jr. "Jay"
Systems Analyst
Computer Sciences Corporation /
Alabama Supercomputer Authority