SV: Nagios 2.0 stable

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Wed Mar 23 18:19:04 CET 2005

Chris Stankaitis wrote:
> I would just easily end this by giving everyone a link to the Nagios 2.0
> Road Map, however I wasn't able to find one on the Nagios Page, does
> anyone know if a proper roadmap exists...

Just the TODO section.

>  From what I understand Nagios 2.0 is already a year over due, I
> remember seeing e-mail last December that the first beta was to be
> released, it was almost a year later before that happened..

Nah, I had 2.x alpha to play around with over summer. It was released
sometime in april unless I'm much mistaken. "released beta" in this case
means "available for developers as a CVS checkout". The first snapshot
wasn't until much later.

> Nagios is undeniably a great program but the project doesn't seem to run
> like most other enterprise level open source projects.

That's because it isn't an enterprise level opensource project. If
you're thinking GCC, Samba, MySQL or Linux (as in "the linux kernel"),
those projects have substantial corporate backing with several full-time
employees writing code. Ethan maintains Nagios alone, and he is the only
one with write access to the CVS repository.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer