Documentation bug?

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Tue Mar 22 16:59:30 CET 2005

Hi all,

Reading the Nagios 1.x documentation online, I came across this
sentence:

> As I mentioned earlier, freshness checking is of most use when you are
> dealing with services that get their results from passive checks. More
> often than not (as in the case with distributed monitoring setups),
> these services may not be getting all of their results from passive
> checks - no results are obtained from active checks.
[http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/freshness.html]

Either I don't understand it properly, or the second sentence
contradicts itself. If the service does not obtain ALL its results from
passive checks, then it must obtain SOME from active checks (there is no
other way?) - but NONE are obtained from active checks either?

If it is wrong, how does one go about getting the documentation fixed?
If it's right, could it be rewritten more clearly?

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)