Scheduling Downtime / Host Checks

Mike Gerber mgerber at leitwerk.de
Mon Mar 21 19:21:33 CET 2005

Hi,

> I also have been trying to figure out the best way for me to monitor
> services on different hosts. I've looked at NRPE, but I'm curious if I
> couldn't get away with check_by_ssh. I have a global login to every
> machine that also has that user's homearea mounted. Should I be looking
> into check_by_ssh and have it execute a specific plugin? I read the FAQ
> on this but it left me with many questions. If anyone has a link to more
> information I would appreciate it.

We create "nagios"-users on the monitored machines and then use
check_by_ssh with SSH-keys to check services remotely.

Bye,
Mike
Mike Gerber
Management Internet/Security Development

LEITWERK GmbH                               http://www.leitwerk.de
Im Ettenbach 13a                            Fon: +49 7805 918 0
77767 Appenweier                            Fax: +49 7805 918 200