Configuring Nagios..

A C ac05 at rediffmail.com
Sat Mar 19 01:01:51 CET 2005

I am configurng Nagios for our company..After doing the requisite Config I run the pre-flight test and get the following message.

[root at Handson etc]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios -v  /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 2.0b2
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Ethan Galstad (www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 02-09-2005
License: GPL

Reading configuration data...

Running pre-flight check on configuration data...

Checking services...
Warning: Service 'HTTP' on host 'Amit-vmware'  has no check time period defined!
Warning: Service 'HTTP' on host 'Amit-vmware' has no notification time period defined!
        Checked 1 services.
Checking hosts...
        Checked 1 hosts.
Checking host groups...
        Checked 1 host groups.
Checking service groups...
        Checked 0 service groups.
Checking contacts...
Warning: Contact 'amit' has no service notification time period defined!
Warning: Contact 'amit' has no host notification time period defined!
        Checked 1 contacts.
Checking contact groups...
        Checked 1 contact groups.
Checking service escalations...
        Checked 0 service escalations.
Checking service dependencies...
        Checked 0 service dependencies.
Checking host escalations...
        Checked 0 host escalations.
Checking host dependencies...
        Checked 0 host dependencies.
Checking commands...
        Checked 22 commands.
Checking time periods...
        Checked 0 time periods.
Checking extended host info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended host info definitions.
Checking extended service info definitions...
        Checked 0 extended service info definitions.
Checking for circular paths between hosts...
Checking for circular host and service dependencies...
Checking global event handlers...
Checking obsessive compulsive processor commands...
Checking misc settings...

Total Warnings: 4
Total Errors:   0

Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the pre-flight check
[root at Handson etc]#

Then I start the nagios service and get output as follows.

[root at Handson usr]# /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagios   /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg

Nagios 2.0b2
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Ethan Galstad (www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 02-09-2005
License: GPL

Nagios 2.0b2 starting... (PID=8456)
Warning: Service 'HTTP' on host 'Amit-vmware'  has no check time period defined!
Warning: Service 'HTTP' on host 'Amit-vmware' has no notification time period defined!
Warning: Contact 'amit' has no service notification time period defined!
Warning: Contact 'amit' has no host notification time period defined!
sh: line 1: $/check_http: No such file or directory
Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'HTTP' on host 'Amit-vmware' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.

sh: line 1: $/check_http: No such file or directory
Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'HTTP' on host 'Amit-vmware' was out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.

I cannot see any notification.Please suggets me how to go ahead.Also Please suggest me how do start monitoring and configure plugins.

Thanks
Amit..