Time-Wasting Tricks

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Fri Mar 18 14:36:41 CET 2005

Hi all,

I'm looking at the Nagios 1.x Time-Saving Tricks page
[http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/templatetricks.html], and trying
to implement a single service for all hosts in a hostgroup. This would
indeed save me a lot of time. However, I get the following error when
starting Nagios:

        Error: Host name 'prod.aidworld.org www1.loband.org
        mail.aidworld.org www3.loband.org www4.loband.org
        www5.loband.org www6.loband.org' for service 'ssh' exceeds
        maximum length of 63 characters

Is there some way to increase the limit of 63 characters, or make this
"trick" useful in some way, apart from splitting my hostgroups which
will break all of my configuration?

Cheers, Chris.
--
(aidworld) chris wilson | chief engineer (chris at aidworld.org)