plugin to monitor connections to a port

Webb, Nathan Nathan.Webb at boral.com.au
Wed Mar 16 05:56:43 CET 2005

Sure it is - via snmp

The exact oid is .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.tcp.tcpCurrEstab,
otherwise known as .1.3.6.1.2.1.6.9 - The question would be whether the
host has an snmp agent on it though.

tcpActiveOpens or tcpPassiveOpens (counters not gauges) may be a better
bet in your environment, but this is where you should be looking.