Trouble with embedded perl: nagios keeps forking perl plugins

Nicolás Alen nicolas.alen at elserver.com
Tue Mar 15 01:41:25 CET 2005

Dear list:

I have re-compiled nagios 1.2 embedded perl and perl cache:
$ ./configure  --with-nagios-user=nagios --with-nagios-grp=nagios
--prefix=/usr/local/nagios --with-default-perfdata --enable-embedded-perl
--with-perlcache

Nagios binary grew up from 232 K to 1.2 M, so I guess perl interpreted is
now embedded in nagios, but all the plugins are still forked from the nagios
process (I can see several "perl -w xxx.pl" in the processlist). Load
average and plugin lattency didn't got better.

¿Must I do something to enable it? I hope you can help.

Thanks!
Nicolás Alen