Problem with nagios recognizing some services

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 07:18:33 CET 2005

Hi,

>From your description it sounds as though you are using a plugin to
check Windows Services.   If you are using NS_client it does not
accept the descriptive names of the services, it only accepts the
short names. (the names in your are describing are the descriptive
display names)
You can always try NC_Net, it accepts both descriptive and short service names.

By the way if you open up a service  properties in the service control
management window in Windows it will list the service name followed by
the descriptive display name and the service's description.

good luck
Tony