check_mailq

Ben Browning benb at theriver.com
Fri Mar 11 17:47:24 CET 2005

Askar Ali wrote:
> hi list
>
> anyone got an example of

> <MTA>] [-t <timeout>] [-v verbose]
>
> MTA: qmail
>
> for both check_command and ccheckcommand.cfg files ?

Well then...

Qmail is a special case- you must be root to check the queue size.
Rather than running NRPE as root (yuck) I chose an elaborate but
functional workaround.

In utils.pm my QMAIL_QSTAT = "/usr/local/nrpe/qmail-qstat.sh"

That shell script contains "sudo /var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat", and
/etc/sudoers is set up so the nagios user can run
/var/qmail/bin/qmail-qstat as root with no password.

Hope that helps!

~Ben

--
    Ben Browning <benb at theriver.com>