check_mailq

Luis Vidrio vid1972 at vidworld.net
Fri Mar 11 15:09:10 CET 2005

carole gimenez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I use a patched version of check_mailq that permits to indicate the
> configuration file that must be used.
>
> In my nrpe.cfg, i define this command:
> command[check_mail]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mailq -w $ARG1$ -c
> $ARG2$ -f $ARG3$
>
> and for example, in the definition of my service, i put this:
> check_nrpe!check_mail!2000!3000!/etc/mail/sendmail.cf.delivery
>
> I hope that help you.
>
> Carole.
>
> Askar Ali wrote:
>
>> hi list
>>
>> anyone got an example of

>> <MTA>] [-t <timeout>] [-v verbose]
>>
>> MTA: qmail
>>
>> for both check_command and ccheckcommand.cfg files ?
>>

>> regards

>> reporting any issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will risk
>> being sent to /dev/null

My nrpe.cfg is as follows, although I use postfix(just change to qmail):
*command[check_mailq]=/usr/local/nagios/libexec/check_mailq -w 10 -c 20
[-W 10] [-C 20
] -M postfix*

and in services:

# Service definition
define service{

        host_name                       my server
        service_description             Check Mail Queue
        is_volatile                     0
        check_period                    24x7
        max_check_attempts              x
        normal_check_interval           x
        retry_check_interval            x
        contact_groups                  admins
        notification_interval           120
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            w,u,c,r
        *check_command                   check_nrpe!check_mailq*
        }

*Note: if you're not using the NRPE daemon then it would look something
like this:
*
checkcommands.cfg:

# 'check_mailq' command definition
define command{
        command_name    check_mailq
        command_line    $USER1$/check_mailq *-w $ARG1$ -c $ARG2$ [-W
$ARG3$ [-C $ARG4$
] -M $ARG5$*
        }

and services:
*check_command                   check_mailq!10!20!10!20!qmail

*I think one of these should do it. Hope this helps.
Luis