Problem with check_ping plugin

Leonardo Henrique Machado leonardomachado at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:36:35 CET 2005

This check_ping is very strange. How could it be so dumb that a small
difference in output could blow up the entire plugin program. It's not
robust enogth to deal with simple changes. Since check_ping is the
most important plugin in Nagios (all other plugins depends on
check-host-alive) I think that It should deserve more attention from
the developers.

I stopped using check_ping and started using check_icmp, which, until
now, didn't suffered from this side effect.

--
Leonardo Henrique Machado