Nagios access/authentication

Mon Mar 7 08:54:44 CET 2005

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 08:13:04PM -0800, nagios-users-request at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:

> Message: 5
> From: "Frank Pikelner" <pikelner at rogers.com>
> To: <nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
> Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2005 09:44:42 -0500
> Subject: [Nagios-users] Nagios access/authentication

> ------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C52231.1F9F6990
>
> Hello,

Please configure your mailer not to post in text _and_ HTML.

> Does anyone have a way to define Nagios access via LDAP (more specifically
> Microsoft Active Directory)? I would like to be able to define a user group
> in AD (say NagiosAdmin, NagiosUser, etc.) and authenticate access to Nagios
> using AD.

If you STFW (the Gmane link on Nagios.Org) you will find a large thread
about doing precisely this - complete with some very patient persons
remote debugging of Kerberos.

> Thank you,
>

> Frank
>

> ------=_NextPart_000_0067_01C52231.1F9F6990

> <head>
> <META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
> charset=3Dus-ascii">

> <!--
>  /* Style Definitions */
>  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
> 	{margin:0cm;
> 	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
> 	font-size:12.0pt;
> 	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
> a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
> 	{color:blue;
> 	text-decoration:underline;}
> a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
> 	{color:purple;
> 	text-decoration:underline;}

.. all this increases the cost of answering your letter.

Yours sincerely.

--
Stanley Hopcroft

IP Australia