mod_authz_LDAP nagios CGI authentication

Glen Dosey doseyg at r-networks.net
Mon Mar 7 02:15:05 CET 2005

I have a question regarding CGI authentication in Nagios. On RedHat
Apache is configured with mod_authz_ldap. Users authenticate to Apache
against the LDAP server and Apache returns the authenticated user's
name. The returned value is the user's DN in the form of
cn=username,o=context . How can I enter this into the cgi.cfg file for
the username ?

The documented format is
authorized_for_all_service_commands=<user1>,<user2>

How can I enclose the username 'cn=username,o=context'  for the value of
<user1> ? I've already tried enclosing it in quotes.

Thanks,

PS. if someone on the list knows how to make mod_authz_ldap only return
the users cn or uid, that would also solve this for me.

--
Glen Dosey <doseyg at erau.edu>
Support Technician