Plugin check_smtp erroneously reporting "service critical"

Ralph Seichter nagios-ml at sentries.org
Wed Jun 29 10:53:34 CEST 2005

Subhendu Ghosh wrote:

> If you increased the plugin timeout, did you change the default in
> nagios.cfg? "service_check_timeout"

No, I've left the nagios.cfg timeouts unchanged:

  $ grep timeout nagios.cfg
  service_check_timeout=60
  host_check_timeout=30
  event_handler_timeout=30
  notification_timeout=30
  ocsp_timeout=5
  perfdata_timeout=5

I've only changed N in the command definition

  command_line $USER1$/check_smtp -H $HOSTADDRESS$ -t N

to try different timeout settings between 10 and 30.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Sincerely
Dipl. Inform. Ralph Seichter