strange Warning and source modification

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Tue Jun 28 21:24:51 CEST 2005

Basile Mathieu wrote:
> first thanks :)
>
> here is my system :
>
> 3 nagios servers ( one under Fedora , two under gentoo ( one 386 and one sparc )
> there are two active servers which send results with nsca
>

>>>'os/etc/switch_conf_195.220.107.207' to ring a bell for you. Where
>>>does that come from?
>

> i use bash script to get informations on vlan and switch configuration
> i just "echo > " for seing informations in nagios interface

You do know that you have to maintain a certain format when kicking
things into the named pipe don't you? Read the docs on how to format the
message if this is news for you.

> i observe that the are some checks that seems to stop ( the last check time
> "freeze" )
> it might be the reason of this logs :
>
> usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log:[1119960410] Warning:  Message

This seems to indicate that you don't have the faintest inkling on how
to submit passive check-results. I suggest a deep dive in the
documentation and some serious work on the checking script.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se
Lead Developer