AW: Network Management

Jason Qualkenbush jqualkenbush at iso-ne.com
Mon Jun 27 15:02:52 CEST 2005

Sand Philipp wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> I just had a short look at the cacti Homepage, and it really looks interesting to me. Do you know if there is a howto or something, on how to integrate cacti into nagios?
> We're using Nagios as our primary Monitoring System, and it would be great if there would be a possibility to just install cacti, and then getting the graphs from it, without having to configure all the hosts and services in both tools.
> Thanks in advance!

I know on the Cacti message boards there have been discussions on how to
do this.  Really, the only agreed upon method was to use both at the
same time, but for the items that Cacti polls, use some kind of wrapper
to submit passive checks to Nagios (if it's something you want to alert on).

As far as integration, the best I found was to use notes_url (in
hostextinfo) and point that at the cacti graphs page for that server.

--
-JasonQ-