notifications are missing information

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jun 24 21:02:50 CEST 2005

Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" |
> /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$
is
> $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
> }
>
> I have searched to list archive but have not found any thing that
guides
> me to an answer.  The addition information shows up as comments on the
web
> page.  Please point me in the right direction.

I'm surprised.... It's come up at least a dozen times in the past couple
of months on the list.

>From the file UPGRADING --

"Upgrading to Nagios 2.0
-----------------------

If you're upgrading from Nagios 1.0, there will be a few modifications
that you'll need to make to your config files.  Read the "What's New"
section of the HTML documentation for more information."

>From the 'What's New' section of the HTML documentation --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/whatsnew.html

"1. Macro Changes - Macros have undergone a major overhaul. You will
have to update most of your command definitions to match the new macros.
Most macros are now available as environment variables. Also,
"on-demand" host and service macros have been added. See the
documentation on macros for more information."

--
Marc