notifications are missing information

Jamie Bohr Jamie_Bohr at Agilent.com
Fri Jun 24 20:52:52 CEST 2005

I just upgraded to Nagios 2b3 and have found that notifications are not
missing information.

For example Date/Time and Additional information are missing
information:

***** Nagios  *****

Notification Type: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Service: httpd
Host: xxx
Address: XXXXXXX
State: WARNING

Date/Time: $

Additional Info:

$

I use the default command to notify:

define command {
  command_name                   notify-by-email
  command_line                   /usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type: $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost: $HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState: $SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" | /bin/mail -s "** $NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$ is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
}

I have searched to list archive but have not found any thing that guides
me to an answer.  The addition information shows up as comments on the
web page.  Please point me in the right direction.

Jamie Bohr
IT | Technical Computing
telnet: 719 590 2396
email: Jamie_Bohr at Agilent.com