Check_dummy plugin

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jun 24 20:07:28 CEST 2005

Sounds reasonable. Have whatever program is sending the alerts to NSCA
use the proper status code.

> I'm using check_dummy plugin   --   $USER1$/check_dummy $ARG1$

I'm not certain how this come into play unless you're performing
freshness checks.

> What is more, is it possible to let this status to critical and to be
> notified again if a new critical event is sent ?

You're probably looking for the is_volatile option in your service
definition.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/xodtemplate.html#service

The way to handle SNMP traps is almost identical to what you're doing so
those docs may be useful as well --

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/int-snmptrap.html

--
Marc