NRPE Agent Download site?

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 21:00:06 CEST 2005

> I've been looking around for the proper NRPE downloads so that I can start
> monitoring
> some things on remote servers, but I'm having a bit of a hard time finding
> the right nrpe agent
> downloads. I've gone to sites like rpmfind.net and such, but there are
> different ones and
> I don't know which to get.
You can probably use:
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/NRPE.77.0.html?&tx_netnagext_pi1[p_view]=126

... as one resource.
>I'm running Nagios v1.2 on SuSE Linux 9.2 Pro.
> The remote
> servers are running either SuSE, Red Hat, and Solaris (The Solaris servers
> may not end
> up needing it). I've also found it kind of odd that I have no nrpe anything
> on my nagios box
> as it is now.
I don't believe that the check_nrpe comes by default.  You need to
build it separately.  You can download RPMs for RedHat at:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/

You'll notice that there is a nagios-nrpe (what you would install on
the remote machines).

There is a nagios-plugins-nrpe (under nagios-plugins) that you would
install on your Nagios machine.  Pretty much all this RPM does is
install the check_nrpe in your plugins folder.

You might be able to use the SRC RPMs on that site for your SUSE... or
at least modify the  spec file to customize for your situation.

>I was under the impression that it would have at least
> check_nrpe in the libexec
> directory or something. Anyway, thanks for any help!

I'm sorry I don't have a quick solution for you, but hopefully the
info will get you started in the right direction.

Dave