Email Notification using Postfix

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Jun 21 19:47:17 CEST 2005

Did you edit this command by hand to change it from its installation
default? Can you run the following consolidated representation of your
command above? --

/usr/bin/printf "%b" "testing" | /usr/sbin/sendmail -s "Test Message"
some at email.address

I'll bet you can't ;) For starters, sendmail doesn't understand a '-s'
command line switch, among other problems.

You should switch it back to using the mail[x] binary to pass the
message to postfix properly by changing /usr/sbin/sendmail back to
/path/to/mail (use 'which mail' to determine the proper path). If you
don't have mail or mailx installed, you'll either need to install one of
them or see http://www.nagios.org/faqs/viewfaq.php?faq_id=150

--
Marc