Email Notification using Postfix

Kindy Sylla kindy_s at yahoo.fr
Tue Jun 21 18:58:54 CEST 2005

Hello,
I am having problems with email notifications and
wondering if someone can help.
I have the nagios running fine but no emails are sent
out.
This is my notify-by-mail command :
# 'notify-by-email' command definition
define command{
        command_name    notify-by-email
        command_line    /usr/bin/printf "%b" "*****
Nagios   *****\n\nNotification Type:
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$\n\nService: $SERVICEDESC$\nHost:
$HOSTALIAS$\nAddress: $HOSTADDRESS$\nState:
$SERVICESTATE$\n\nDate/Time: $DATETIME$\n\nAdditional
Info:\n\n$OUTPUT$" | /usr/sbin/sendmail   -s "**
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ alert - $HOSTALIAS$/$SERVICEDESC$
is $SERVICESTATE$ **" $CONTACTEMAIL$
        }
The log file doesn't contain any errors. I have the
following line :
[1119372445] SERVICE NOTIFICATION:
Kindy;monediabackup;HTTP
Service;CRITICAL;notify-by-email;Connection refused

 I  am using postfix as MTA. Do I need to change
something in postfix configurations files in order to
get it working with nagios? Is there something else to
do? Any idea can help!
Thanks in advance!!!!
Kindy