about nsca

Daniel Szortyka sekuela at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 13:59:04 CEST 2005

Hello folks,

I'm trying to execute a nsca daemon over a Fedora Core 3 with Nagios 2.0b2

The service start with sucessfully....

my /etc/services:
nsca            5667/tcp                        # NSCA

my xinetd.d/nsca :

service nsca
{
        flags           = REUSE
        type            = UNLISTED
        port            = 5667
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = nagios
        group           = nagios
        server          = /usr/sbin/nsca
        server_args     = -c /etc/nagios/nsca.cfg --inetd
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = yes
        only_from       = 192.168.10.0
}

BUT, when I execute "nmap localhost" I can't see my 5667 port opened
or I cant telnet the port from my machine to my nsca server...
somebody already passed by this problem?

Thanks for all...

Daniel Szortyka
Brasil - Rio Grande do Sul - Porto Alegre