Makefile GD lib problem on Centos 4 (aka RHES4)

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at netmagicsolutions.com
Thu Jun 16 23:52:38 CEST 2005

Luke Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've setup a few Nagios boxes in years past, and trying it again today,
> however I'm running into a (first time for me, but I'm sure common)
> problem with GD libs on Centos 4 (x86_64, Which should be identical to
> Redhat ES 4).  In the past I've hand compiled GD, but on this box I made
> sure to install the necessary packages (info attached below).

[snip]

You need to install libiconv from http://www.gnu.org/software/libiconv/

wget http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libiconv/libiconv-1.9.1.tar.gz
tar xzf libiconv-1.9.1.tar.gz
cd libiconv-1.9.1
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
make install

Now configure / make nagios as usual..

RedHat (actually their lists) claims libiconv is a part of glibc, but i
couldn't find it anywhere.. however the above workaround did the job
pretty well.

- dhawal