'Disable Host Checks' not working?

Steve Shipway s.shipway at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Jun 14 23:55:16 CEST 2005

>As I understand it, if you disable host checks for a host,
>then it will remain in its current state and no checks will be
>attempted.
>
>However, even with host checks disabled, they are still
>occuring!

Thanks to everyone who gave suggestions.  Here is some more information:

is_volatile is NOT set for the host.
retain_status_information and retain_nonstatus_information are both set.
There is definitely only one instance of Nagios running.

As I understand it, since services are dependent on a host, if the host
status is CRITICAL then the service checks will not be run until the host
check returns a non-critical?

The problem seems to be that, for some reason, host checks are being run
when they should not.  Nagios has been told to disable (via the GUI) and
this seems to have taken as it displays and is retained through restarts.
Maybe the host check is being forced regardless of the disable_host_checks
setting due to service checks failing?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks again,

Steve