'Disable Host Checks' not working?

Ludo Bosmans Ludo.Bosmans at aureusim.be
Tue Jun 14 12:00:21 CEST 2005

Hi Steve,

I did some additional tests on Nagios version 1.2 with following
results:

When a host check is disabled for a specific host, services for that
host are still scheduled unless they are also disabled. A status change
of a service for that host is not forcing a host check. This result in
avoiding
a possible ( tremendous ) latency increase since the host check is not
executing anymore and is not interrupting service scheduling. Of course
there is still an impact on global service scheduling, since service
checks for that host will time out and when the maximum of concurrent
checks is reached, checks are delayed, still increasing latency.

When the host check is enabled, the host check seems to be executed,
only up-on a service state change.

Further I have no explanations for your results, unless multiple
instances of nagios are running and this is also causing additional
effects.

Kind regards,

ludo