Email notification issue

Chris Wilson chris at aidworld.org
Mon Jun 13 17:15:20 CEST 2005

Hi Fabiano,

It sounds like your mail program (Postfix) isn't configured properly.
Probably one or more of the following is the cause:

* Postfix doesn't know how to route mail to myaccount at mydomain.net
* you haven't changed the address everywhere in your configuration
* you haven't restarted nagios
* you have more than one copy of nagios running
* you have old emails stuck in your mail queue
* another mail server is bouncing your messages back, because the From:
address is invalid

Probably, reading the postfix documentation will help you. You need to
get to the point where you can send mail from the command line, with a
command like "echo testing | mail myaccount at mydomain.net" and receive
the message OK.

Hope this helps,

Chris.