Check all windows disks with one command

Andrew Cruse andrew at profitability.net
Wed Jun 8 23:18:28 CEST 2005

nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote:
> Hi,
> For the linux version of the check_disk command, if you don't
> specify a disk, it'll check and report back on the status of all of
> them. (ie: ./check_nrpe -H LinuxServerHost -c check_disk -a 20 10)
>
> I can't find a way to do a similar thing within windows. I've
> looked at nsclient and nrpe_nt and I don't see how it can be
> done. I would prefer not having to specify a different
> service for each partition on all servers on the network.
>
> Does anyone know of a tool, or how to do a disk check what will check
> all partitions?

It seems to me it would be a fairly easy task to whip up your own NRPE
plugin to do that.  I'd probably do it in Perl, but if you're a Windows
person I'd imagine it could be done pretty easily with a batch script as
well.  Otherwise you can always pull those stats via SNMP and poll
multiple OID's with the check_snmp plugin.

Andrew