logging actual commands

James Cammack cammajkc at DFW.WA.GOV
Wed Jun 8 22:29:04 CEST 2005

I've had some luck in adding the
echo
to the beginning of the command in checkcommands.cfg, scheduling an immediate force commit of all services on that host, and looking in the host or service information to find the result being the actual string that is ran.
Of course, I'm running under *nix but that should work under window$ too.

>>> "Lori Adams" <ladams at cloudmark.com> 06/08/05 11:21 AM >>>

Is there a log, or a way to see the actual command that is being performed for a check.   I'm doing a check with nrpe, and when I run the check by hand on the remote machine, I get one result.  When I run it in nagios, I get a different result.  I'd like to debug this, but cannot determine how I would know what the command is.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
-Lori