service checks and timeperiods

Lori Adams ladams at cloudmark.com
Wed Jun 8 20:35:40 CEST 2005

Sometimes there is a need to run the same check but with different
thresholds depending on time of day.

Currently, I have to create two separate checks with a different name
for each.  What would be nice would be the ability to do something like
this:

define service {

      use                     generic-service-template

      host_name               bar

service_description     check

check_command           do_check!10!20

timeperiod              workhours

contact_groups          foo

}

define service {

      use                     generic-service-template

      host_name               bar

service_description     check

check_command           do_check!100!200

timeperiod              nonworkhours

contact_groups          foo

}

Then in the web interface, it would only display "check", and then run
the correct check based on time.

Currently I have to create checkA and checkB, and both are displayed in
the UI, even though one won't be checked for the next 10 hours or so.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Thanks,

Lori