is there a way to send both single and multiple alerts?

Daniel maher dmaher at acetechnology.com
Tue Jun 7 16:14:06 CEST 2005

Hello all,

I am wondering if there is a way to send a single alert to one contact, but multiple alerts to another.  To explain further;

If "service A" goes critical it will generate alerts to the associated contact based on the "notification_interval" setting.  No problem there - that's normal operation.  What I'd also like is to have a single alert sent out to a pager gateway as well.

I was thinking that I could define a service escalation for "service A", with both "first_notification" and "last_notification" set to 1, so that when the alert is triggered, it will send out one alert to the pager, and then the escalation is done.  What I'm not sure about is whether it will default back to the normal alerting method (non-escalated) after that single iteration.

Or, is there another way?

p.s. Please accept my apologies if the list receives this message twice.  Our mail server was playing games for a bit!

Daniel Maher

System Engineer

ACE TECHNOLOGY INC.

100, boul. Alexis-Nihon, suite 593