looking for snmpwalk plugin

Steve slaw at frontbridge.com
Sat Jun 4 02:06:22 CEST 2005

Hendrik Baecker <b00mer <at> gmx.net> writes:

> Steve schrieb:
>
> >Hi all:
> >

> Hi alone,
>
> >I am new to Nagios. I understand that there is snmp plug-in for snmpget
> >command but is there any plug-in in C language which can do snmpwalk
function?

> >Please let me know if there is one or where I can get it if possible.
> >

> There are quiet two must haves for plugin development:
>
> 1. The return codes must be right for OK, Warning, Critical and so on
> 2. The Output that the plugins gives back to nagios are limited to one line.
>
> So, an snmpwalk plugin with more lines cannot be parsed by nagios.
>
> For what do you want to have a walk plugin? Perhaps there are other ways
> to check what you want have.
>
> >Thanks
> >Steve
> >

> Regards,
> Hendrik

Hi,
I want to walk my MIB table to get the OIDs first so that I can use them in my
individual SNMP get requests later. The MIB table with 2 indexes. One of the
indexes is PID (process ID which changes with each run of the process being
monitored). The OID will contain PID. Therefore, I need to know all the PIDs
given the value of a second index (whose value does not change).

Since Nagios cannot provide that function, do you have any other suggestions
to achieve the same function?

I can use some kind of snmpwalk command/tool easily on managed node. But it
will be better if we can do that on the client (Nagios) node itself.

Thanks
Steve