looking for snmpwalk plugin

Hendrik Baecker b00mer at gmx.net
Fri Jun 3 07:28:56 CEST 2005

Steve schrieb:

>Hi all:

Hi alone,

>I am new to Nagios. I understand that there is snmp plug-in for snmpget
>command but is there any plug-in in C language which can do snmpwalk function?
>

>Please let me know if there is one or where I can get it if possible.

There are quiet two must haves for plugin development:

1. The return codes must be right for OK, Warning, Critical and so on
2. The Output that the plugins gives back to nagios are limited to one line.

So, an snmpwalk plugin with more lines cannot be parsed by nagios.

For what do you want to have a walk plugin? Perhaps there are other ways
to check what you want have.

>Thanks
>Steve

Regards,