Check_tcp

Edward J. Sabol sabol at alderaan.gsfc.nasa.gov
Sat Jun 4 00:37:51 CEST 2005

> I want to  monitor port 5000 that is for Sybase Sql Service for the same
> server, but to be honest I don't have any idea how to do this with
> check_tcp. I was trying some parameters like:
> 		check_command			check_tcp -p 5000
> but there is an error that advices that the parameter is bad and if I leave
> just:
> 		check_command			check_tcp
> there is another advice that the service is null.
> Can you help me? I'm very dummie with this.

I suggest that you download and use the check_sybase plugin instead.

http://www.net-man.at/software/check_sybase-LATEST.zip

It requires that you have the DBI and DBD::Sybase Perl modules installed.

# Check to see whether Sybase is accessible.
define command {
        command_name    check_sybase_connection
        command_line    $USER1$/check_sybase -S $HOSTNAME$ -U your_sybase_user -P your_sybase_password -D your_sybase_database_name --checktype=CONNECT
}