Check_tcp

Diego González Briones Lugonzalez at grupo-uno.com
Sat Jun 4 00:06:42 CEST 2005

Hi all,
I'm trying to configure a new service with check_tcp plugin on services.cfg
file. There is a definition for ping monitoring like this and it is working
good:
define service{
	use				generic-service		; Name of
service template to use

	host_name			SLT_CRC
	service_description		PING
	is_volatile			0
	check_period			24x7
	max_check_attempts		3
	normal_check_interval		5
	retry_check_interval		1
	contact_groups			server-admins
	notification_interval		240
	notification_period		24x7
	notification_options		c,r
	check_command			check_ping!900.0,20%!1500.0,60%
	}

I want to  monitor port 5000 that is for Sybase Sql Service for the same
server, but to be honest I don't have any idea how to do this with
check_tcp. I was trying some parameters like:
		check_command			check_tcp -p 5000
but there is an error that advices that the parameter is bad and if I leave
just:
		check_command			check_tcp
there is another advice that the service is null.
Can you help me? I'm very dummie with this.
Thanks.

Luis Diego González Briones.
Telecommunications Technical Support.
EDS-Prosix
Phone (506) 209-0800.
Fax No. (506) 209-0817
AVISO DE CONFIDENCIALIDAD: La información de este documento y sus anexos es
confidencial. Está dirigida únicamente para el uso por parte del
destinatario que se indica. Dado que las comunicaciones por Internet no son
seguras, EDS Prosix no acepta responsabilidad legal por el contenido de este
mensaje. Si usted no es el destinatario de este documento, por favor
notifique a EDS Prosix de inmediato y luego borre el documento. Se advierte
que está prohibido revelar el contenido de este documento a cualquier otra
persona, ni copiarlo. La violación al mandato de este aviso puede dar lugar
a responsabilidades legales.
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information in this document and attachments is
confidential. It is intended only for the use of the named recipient.
Internet commmunications are not secure and therefore the EDS Prosix does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. If you are
not the intended recipient, please notify to EDS Prosix immediately and then
delete this document. Do not disclose the contents of this document to any
other person, nor take any copies. Violation of this notice may be unlawful.
<<http://www.eds.com/ <http://www.eds.com/> >>