Recover notifications to escalated contacts

Christoph Klünter ck at nmmn.com
Fri Jun 3 12:03:41 CEST 2005

Hi all

I searched the archives and found the question I wanted to ask, but no answer:
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/message.php?msg_id=9527852

So here comes the same question again:

I am using escalation to many mails but only one sms.
But I never get the recover notification via sms.

I did the following as stated in the post above:
> One group with down/unreachable/etc defined + escalations.
 > The other with recover only + no escalations.
 > Both definitions using the same contact information.

But nagios now complains:
Warning: Host recovery notification option for contact 'recovery-sms' doesn't
make any sense - specify down and/or unreachable options as well

And I still don't get any recovery notifications. Any hints ?

Cheers
	Christoph

Heres my config:

escalations.cfg:
# Server-RZ Bei der ersten Benachrichtigung noch keine SMS:
define hostgroupescalation {
        hostgroup_name Server-RZ
        first_notification 1
        last_notification 0
        notification_interval 5
        contact_groups admin-email
}

define hostgroupescalation {
        hostgroup_name Server-RZ
        first_notification 2
        last_notification 2
        notification_interval 5
        contact_groups admin-sms
}

define contactgroup {
        contactgroup_name               admin-recovery-sms
        alias                           Administrator-recovery at sms (no work)
        members                         christoph-recovery-sms
}

define contactgroup {
        contactgroup_name               admin-sms
        alias                           Administrator at sms (no work)
        members                         christoph-sms
}

define contact {
        contact_name                    christoph-sms
        alias                           sms at sms.nmmn.com
        service_notification_period     24x7
        host_notification_period        24x7
        service_notification_commands   notify-by-sms
        host_notification_commands      host-notify-by-sms
        email                           sms at sms.mmn.com
        service_notification_options    c,r
        host_notification_options       d,u,r
}

define contact {
        contact_name                    christoph-recovery-sms
        email                           sms at sms.nmmn.com
        service_notification_options    r
        host_notification_options       r
}

define hostgroup {
        hostgroup_name              Server-RZ
        alias                          	RZ
        contact_groups                admin-email,admin-recovery-sms
        members                          test
}

--
NMMN   -   New Media Markets & Networks GmbH   -   http://www.nmmn.com