monitoring Root Partition....

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Thu Jun 2 16:22:25 CEST 2005

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, Vincent Ngundi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have two problems here:
>
>  ) I'm using the 'check_local_disk' command to monitor the disk space
>    on remote machines....
>
>    The problem is that I get the same value for all the remote
>    servers....what could be the problem or what plugin/command should I
>    use? Is there a plugin like check_remote_disk or should I come up
>    with one?

Note the plugin is called check_disk, the command_name is called
check_local_disk.  check_disk can only check disks on the system that it
is running.  To check local disks on remote systems, you have to execute
the plugin on the remote system.  To do that - install the plugins on the
remote system and use either NRPE or check_by_ssh to retrieve the results
of the check.

--

-sg