Weird NSClient connectivity issues

David Jacobson davidj at synaq.com
Thu Jun 2 13:21:28 CEST 2005

Hi There,

I have one particular Windows server running NSClient that I can connect
to on 1248/tcp 1 out of 5 times (roughly).  So the service constantly
flaps and none of the check results have ever gone through.

On first thought, I assumed there may be another service using the port
from time to time, but after further investigation I noticed I can
connect to the server from other hosts perfectly besides the actual
server that monitors the system.  I have also somewhat ruled out
networking issues as PING is extremely quick and passes through
immediately from the Nagios box, anyone have a similar issue or know
where I can start looking to debug this?

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards,

David Jacobson
Technical Director
SYNAQ (Pty) Ltd

Tel:    0860 0 SYNAQ (79627)
Direct: 011 290 6388
Fax:    011 290 6389
Cell:   083 235 0760
Mail:   davidj at synaq.com
Web:    http://www.synaq.com

Key Fingerprint
8246 FCE1 3C22 7EFB E61B  18DF 6E8B 65E8 BD50 78A1