more granular notification

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Thu Jun 2 16:16:18 CEST 2005

What you're describing seems to pretty much be basic Nagios
functionality. Each host or service can have multiple independent
contacts that can be notified 24 hours a day or only during certain
timeperiods (on a per-contact basis). Notification escalations can be
used to escalate an issue if it hasn't been worked by the primary
contact, etc. I'm not sure what you mean by severity but the
notification command can be any script or program you like so you can
easily extend the functionality of that feature to your hearts content.

> so it was easy to specify downtimes for a group of hosts or one host
> depending on your needs.  Is there any such thing for nagios?  I could

You can easily schedule downtime for services, hosts and/or hostgroups
(and probably servicegroups in 2.0) through the web interface.

--
Marc