NSClient : which version run in windows server 2003

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Sat Jul 30 13:11:02 CEST 2005

HI Johann,

There are many choices for monitoring Windows servers,
If you can find a way to search this list you sill find several
conversations on this within the past few months.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each of the Windows Clients
each can be downloaded from nagiosexchange :
http://www.nagiosexchange.org/Windows.49.0.html

but to summarize the options:
1) NSClinet is one of the older Stable clients (but it is no longer
being maintained)
2) NRPE  - (I never used but many people seem to use this)
3)NC_Net (I wrote this as a drop in replacement and enhancement to NSClient)
4) NSClient++ (this was also released this past year)
5) Setting up SNMP
6) setting up check_by SSH??

Good Luck
Tony