Problem on check_ping

bombadur bombadur at email.it
Fri Jul 29 12:23:50 CEST 2005

Hi all
I'm a stagist in a bank, and they ask me to monitoring by Nagios their
LAN; they have about 80 machines.
I'm using a CentOS 4.1 with Nagios and plugins installed from Dag Wieers
repository.
I think (hope) that until this moment cofiguration went good, but I have
a problem testing for the check_ping plugin, which maybe it's the most
important for their needings:

# /usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_ping -H 192.168.1.25 -w 3000.0,80% -c
5000.0,100% -p 1
/bin/ping -n -U -w 10 -c 1 192.168.1.25
CRITICAL - Could not interpret output from ping command

I don't know how can I solve, is there someone can help me?
thanks in advance!

--
saluti, bombadur

MajaGLUG, il LUG piu` grande d'Italia