content on the web won't change even nagios process has been killed

Ran Li Ran.Li at sprint-canada.com
Thu Jul 28 20:45:59 CEST 2005

Hi all,

Please advise which parameter(s) exactly control(s) this.

situation is

1. after the configuration, I can monitor the services on the local and
remote hosts
2. when I made the changes on the configuration, I need to restart the
nagios process
3. for the first couple of times when I restarted the nagiso process,
the service that being monitored, their status on the web would show
Pending first and then turned to green one by one ... which is OK
4. I leave it there for a night, this morning, when I shutdown the
nagios, found the the content on the web is still the same, which all
services are still OK/green even without nagios.
5. I tried to shutdown some of the services as well, but the content
still would not be changed.
6. then I started the nagios again, this time it would refresh the
status and tells the services that I shutdown are CRITICAL/Red.
7. I killed the nagios process again, everything stays the same.

is this configuration on the nagios or on the apache? some place cache
it?

Thanks and regards,

-tea