Nagios 2.0b3 still buggy?

Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de Ralph.Grothe at itdz-berlin.de
Thu Jul 28 11:12:28 CEST 2005

Hello,

recently I noticed a minor "flame" between Nagios
hackers/patchers going on here
where one party raised concerns that release 2.X not being fit
for production usage yet?

As I'm experiencing quite some bizarre behaviour of my Nagios
setup,
that I rather blamed on my lack of Nagios configuration skills,
I now wonder if it couldn't also be at least partly based on the
release 2.0b3 I am using.

Could it be this one is still a bit "immature" or buggy, and
would it be advisable to downgrade to a
"stable" release until I've got my basic stuff working as
desired?

For instance, did I alway wonder why my running nagios daemon
didn't continue processing
after it caught a SIGHUP.
It reported to nagios.log that it caught the signal and was
reinitializing,
but then no more appeared nor happened.
I then had to send it a SIGTERM to come down, and do a cold start
again.

Regards
Ralph