notification suppression

Miles Scruggs rt at garnetweb.com
Wed Jul 27 20:08:55 CEST 2005

: RE: [Nagios-users] notification suppression

> you could create a service dependency... make all the other services
> dependent on the ping google.ca service....
> look here for more detail
> http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/dependencies.html
> while the documentation is a little sketchy for this stuff... i still
> managed to figure it out after a bit...

Looks like host dependencies will work just fine, but what I need is a
dependency on a group of hosts.  So if anyone of the hosts in the group is
online the dependency is met.  Is this possible?

What I'm seeing now is I could define various hosts/service dependencies,
but if any one of those hosts/services failed the dependent would fail.

Thanks

Miles