An email on acknowledge, and only onacknowledge? Nagios and RT

Nathan Oyler noyler at khimetrics.com
Tue Jul 26 17:12:58 CEST 2005

Because if when there's a problem, a notification is sent. A ticket is
opened.

Now an hour goes by, and the problem still exists, so another
notification is sent. Another ticket is opened.

Now a recovery message is sent. Another ticket is opened.

There's already a patch to Nagios to call the RT api during
acknowledgements, but my RT machine isn't my Nagios machine, and I don't
know enough of anything other than perl to edit it to do as I wish.

There's also writing handlers to merge tickets when they come in, if new
alert comes in, search for if a ticket is created for this host, grab
that ticket number, send the new alert to comment on the ticket.

This is how I'm leaning if I find nothing else out, but I'm thinking
just on an acknowledge if a ticket was open, that would make sense.

I acknowledge the problem. I fix the problem, I update the ticket that
was created in this instance.