Host Detail Error

Scott Sugar ssugar at proserveit.com
Tue Jul 26 04:06:45 CEST 2005

Actually, i was configuing another nagios server today to deploy and I ran into the same problem you are having.
There are a couple of things to check, but make sure you follow the steps in the manual for creating a file named '.htacess' and how that file should be in your /usr/local/nagios/sbin and /usr/local/nagios/share folders.  Then you should have another file name htpasswd.users in your /usr/local/nagios/etc folder.  Its all explained in the manual here.
Read this page!
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/cgiauth.html
It should explain it all... also look at
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/2_0/configcgi.html
for the rest of the options for the cgi scripts.